ByAnnie’s two-yard packages of fold-over elastic display beautifully alongside their hardware, zippers and more. Packaged individually in bags with a barcoded hang-tag they can be hung in rows or thrown together in a basket for an explosion of color.
We especially love using fold-over elastic for finishing the edges of mesh fabric for pockets in purses and bags.
Not working with mesh? Fold-over elastic is perfect for finishing a neckline or wristbands on a special outfit. It also beautifully finishes the edges of diapers or diaper covers to securely fit your special baby.
20mm wide, nylon.
Available in 14 terrific colors.
Please note that each unit ordered is for a pre-cut and packaged piece that is 2 yards long.
Directions for use:
1. Choose the side that matches best. One side of fold-over elastic is extra shiny for a fashion finish. The other side features a matte finish for a more subtle finish.
2. Position the edges of fabric in center of fold-over elastic.
3. Fold elastic over raw edges and pin at beginning.
4. For smooth edges: Set the stitch to a straight stitch or a narrow, medium-length zig-zag. Carefully guide fabric and fold-over elastic under machine needle and stitch.
5. For gathered edge: Guide fabric and fold-over elastic with one hand as you stretch fold-over elastic tightly with other hand. Then straight or zig-zag stitch on edge of fold-over elastic, catching all layers.
Care and instructions:
Machine wash warm, do not bleach. Tumble dry at medium heat.